Chitoi Pitha is a traditional food in Bangladesh. People love it any time as a snacks, specially in winter season. We serve it also as a dessert sometimes. Normally it serves with chutney, vorta or meat stew. So, let’s know how to make chitoi pitha at home.
- Soak the rice for two hours.
- After two hours drain all water.
- Pour the soaked rice into blender, along with salt, steamed rice and warm water as required.
- Blend then until smooth paste.
- Keep the batter into refrigerator for at least two hours, preferable to over night.
- Heat a chitoi pithe mold or cast iron wok on high heat.
- Reduced heat to medium.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter and cover it for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove gently the edges of pitha, then remove fully from wok.
- Repeat the same process to make all pitha.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or meat.
- I made this pitha with traditional way. No knead to grease the pan with oil. The oily flavor isn't taste too good. So, i avoid this.
- Another very important note-keep the batter into refrigerator at least two hours, otherwise it's not rise well.
Step by step pictures: