Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts
Fried doughnuts are dipped in a chocolate and topped with chocolate sprinkles. They’re perfect for a breakfast or evening snacks.Chocolate glazed doughnuts are my favorite recipe!
- For doughnut:
- All purpose flour - 2 1/2 cup
- Instant Yeast - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Powder milk - 2 tablespoon
- Butter/oil - 3 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Warm water - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 1
- Vanilla Essence - one teaspoon
- For chocolate glaze:
- Icing Sugar - 1 cup
- Chocolate - 1/2 cup grated
- Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
- Butter - 2 teaspoon
- Milk - 2 tablespoon
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl-flour, sugar, yeast, salt, powder milk, butter and mix well.
- Add lightly whisk egg into it.
- Pour 1/2 cup of warm water and stir in the mixture and make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 5-6 more minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place into a large greased bowl.
- Grease the top of the dough, and cover the bowl with paper.
- Set the bowl into a warm place; let the dough rise until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down the dough and roll out on a floured work surface to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut doughnuts out of the dough with a 3 1/2-inch round doughnut cutter with a 1-inch smaller cutter in the center.
- Let the doughnuts rise on the work surface until very light and fluffy, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan.
- Gently pick up and drop the doughnuts into the hot oil, working in small batches of 2 or 3 at a time and cook until the doughnuts are light golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the doughnuts on paper towels to absorb oil.
- In a small bowl mix grated chocolate,b utter, vanilla essence, milk, cocoa powder and microwave for 1 minute.
- Then whisk with a hand mixture and add icing sugar. Whisk and make thick chocolate glaze.
- Let the glaze cool long enough that it will not run, but is still fluid.
- Dip the top of each doughnut into the glaze, sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and set onto a rack or tray.
- While still soft, arrange pretzel twists on top of each doughnut and let set for an hour.
Step by Step Picture: