Cholar Dal With Coconut
- Chola dal/channa dal - 1 cup
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato - 1 cup chopped
- Garam masla powder - 1 teaspoon
- Dry Red Chili - 2-3
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Cardamon - 2
- Bay leaves - 1
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 3 tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Boiled 1 cup chola dal with salt and water until soft and dry . Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan or korai, add chopped onion and fry until soft.
- Then add ginger paste,garlic paste, red chili powder,cumin paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masla powder. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until water is dry. Add 2 tablespoon water to remove burning.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove cover. Add two cups coconut milk and cook for 2 minute.
- Then add dal. Don't over mix the dal,dal will be liquid. Add 1 cup water ,cover it and cook for 5 minutes on a low medium heat.
- Cook until oil is separated. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat ghee /butter in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds,cinnamon sticks, cardamon, bay leaves and some grated coconut. Fry them until a good aroma and nice color. Pour then on the cooked dal and mix gently.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with plain rice or naan.
Step by Step Picture: