Cholar Daler Halwa/Booter Daler Halwa/Chana Dal Halwa
- Clean and wash dal. Soak into water for 4-5 hours.
- Then boil until lightly soft and all water dries up.
- Turn off flame and grind the dal with milk and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan. Add grounded dal, sugar, cinnamon, cardamon and bay leaf.
- Keep stirring with a ladle until thick and leave the sides of the pan. Remove whole garam masala from halwa.
- Transfer to a greased plate and press evenly.
- Let them cool and slice.
- Don't over cook it will be hard as a rubber.
- You can add some orange food color. You can add any kind of nuts, raisins etc.