Choto Alute Murgi/Alu Chicken Curry
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : For 4 people to serve
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Small potato - 10 pieces
- Oil - 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 3 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Spice paste:
- Onion paste - 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 2 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Spice Powder:
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cardamon powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder(daruchini) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- For garnishing:
- Crispy Fried onion(Beresta) - 1 tablespoon
- Wash and drain chicken pieces well. Keep aside.
- Boil and peeled the potatoes. Mix a pinch of salt and turmeric.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil and fry potato until brown. Keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil. Then, add onion paste and all other spice paste and spice powder. Mix well.
- Place chicken pieces and cook until water dries up and oil is separated from gravy.
- Then add 1 cup of water, whisk yogurt and potatoes.
- Mix gently with gravy. Adjust salt.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium low heat.
- Once cooked remove from heat and sprinkle fried onion.
- Serve with rice.
You might also like: