Cream Bread Cones
Cream Bread Cones is really delicious, soft and creamy bread rolls. This is perfect snacks for picnics, reunions, birthday party etc. I used cream as a filling, here you also use cheese or jam or jelly, whatever you like.
- 4 Bread Cone Ingredients:
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Instant Yeast - 1/4 teaspoon
- Powder milk - 2 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Lukewarm water - as required
- Egg Yolk - 1 for brushing
- For cream filling:
- Egg white - 1 large
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
- Cream of tarter - 1/4 pinch
- Mix yeast and one teaspoon sugar in a bowl. Add two tablespoon warm water and mix. Cover and keep aside for five minutes or until rinse.
- Add flour, milk, salt and oil into yeast.
- Pour warm water a little by little and make a soft dough.
- Sprinkle some extra flour on your work place. Place the soft dough and knead.
- Keep kneading until dough become like elastic. Knead with your hand or electric bitter with paddle attachment for 5-6 minutes.
- Grease a big bowl with some oil. Place the dough into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep in warm place for 1 hour or until double.
Making Bread Cones:
- Make your cone with hard paper and parchment paper. Grease the paper cone with oil.
- Place a parchment paper on your baking tray.
- Once the dough doubled, divide the into four equal parts.
- Take one part and make a long thin rope.
- Attach the rope on the greased paper cone as a round shape.
- Keep the prepared cones on the baking tray. Make all cones with the same process.
- Cover it and keep aside for another 1/2 an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree c.
- Place the bread cone onto baking tray and brush with lightly beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool.
- Then, remove the paper cone from rolls and keep aside.
- Mix 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup sugar in a pan.
- Bring to boil on a medium high heat until soft ball forms.
- In a mixing bowl take one egg white and 1/4 pinch cream of tarter.
- Start beating until foamy. Keep beating until soft peak form.
- Check your sugar syrup, take one drop and keep into cool water. If the syrup is not spread or vanish, it is ready.
- Now add very hot sugar syrup into egg white foam and keep beating.
- Add vanilla essence. Beat for 4-5 minutes and get a smooth silky cream.
- Pour cream into cool bread cones and enjoy!
Step by step picture: