Crispy Double-Fried French Fries
French fries are eaten all over the world and the double fry process is to make a crisper potato chips. Double frying your potatoes make the best fries, brown on the outside and soft on the inside. Enjoy eating fries with yum yum sauce any time of the day as a snack, or an accompaniment to another food.
- Peel the potatoes and push through a French fry cutter to form uniform sticks.
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of ice water to release some of the starch and to keep them from browning.
- Keep the bowl into refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Dry the potato strips thoroughly, this will keep the oil from splattering.
- Pour oil in a deep fryer or heavy saucepan to reach halfway up the sides of the pan.
- While the oil is heating, place some potato strips. Fry the potatoes in batches so the pan isn't crowded and the oil temperature does not plummet.
- Cook for 3 minutes until they are soft but not browned.
- Remove the potatoes with a long-handled metal strainer and drain on brown paper bags.
- Let the potatoes to cool.
- Heat oil again Return the par-fried potatoes to the oil in batches and cook a second time for 4 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Drain on fresh brown paper bags then place in a serving bowl lined with paper towels. Salt and serve immediately with yum yum sauce.
- Yum Yum Sauce recipe link: http://zuranazrecipe.com/yum-yum-sauce/
Step by Step Picture: