- Chicken - 1 kg with bone regular size
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 1/2 cup
- Sweet Yogurt - 2 tablespoon
- Cashew Nut Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 2 teaspoon
- Cumin Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 2 large
- Cloves - 4-5 pieces
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- All purpose flour - a pinch
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 4-5 numbers
- Salt - to taste
- Soybean oil - 1/4 cup
- Wash, clean and drain chicken pieces. Mix plain yogurt and marinate for half an hour.
- In a small bowl mix sugar, sweet yogurt, ghee, a pinch of flour and garam masala powder, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom vessel. Fry bay leaves and cloves until gives aroma. Add onion paste and stirring continuously until light brown.
- Then add ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and salt one by one. Keep stirring on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix chicken pieces into gravy. Cook on a high heat until oil is separated a little. This is called kashano in Bengali way cooking.
- Then add sweet yogurt mixture and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water, green chili and reduce heat to low. Cook until chicken is soft and gravy is thick. Approximately for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn off flame and keep covering before serving.
- Serve warm with polau or rice.
- Add more chili or sugar according to your taste level.
- If you like, fry a little chicken pieces before cooking until brown. It gives a nice aroma and flavor.