Dry Cake/Cake Rusks
Cake Rusks or Dry cake is a delicious and crispy double baked cake pieces. It is a perfect snacks for breakfast or tea-time with a cup of tea. We can easily made yummy, crispy cake rusks at home. So, let’s know how to make cake rusks at home.
For making cake:
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients -flour, baking powder, milk powder and salt. Mix it well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter until soft, fluffy and pale in color. Add sugar and beat well until thickness.
- Add the egg one at a time and continue whisking after each addition. Add the color and mix well.
- Then mix dry ingredients with egg mixture and mixing until just well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 11 x 12 inch square pan.
- Bake the preheated oven at 180 degree C for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on room temperature.
For making cake rusk:
- Cut the cooled cake down the middle, then into thin strips using a sharp knife.
- Place the strips on a baking sheets and put the sheet bake into the preheated oven.
- Bake at 160 degree C for 15 minutes.
- Turn them over and bake the other side for another 15 minutes.
- If they need more time in the oven, turn down the heat a little bit and bake for until they are golden brown and crisp on all sides.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool.
- Store in a airtight container.
Similar Cake Recipes: