Egg Biriyani is a nice combination of boiled eggs and flavorful rice, and unlike other Biriyani preparation. It doesn’t take more time to cook. It is a delicious rice recipe which can be served as main course or as a one-dish meal and a good source of protein from eggs.
- Egg ingredients:
- Eggs - 4 large
- All purpose flour - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Biriyani masla - a pinch
- Ground turmeric - a pinch
- Red chili - a pinch
- Rice ingredients:
- Bashmoti or long grain rice - 2 cups
- Shahi jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2 pieces
- Green Cardamon - 4 numbers
- Bay leaves - 3 piece small
- Cloves - 4 nimbers
- Javetry - 1 piece
- Onion Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Biriyani masla - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 4 numbers
- Ginger- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Plain yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Biriyani ingredients;
- Fresh Coriader leaves - 2 tablespoon
- Fresh mint leaves - 2 tablespoon
- Onion golden fried - 1/4 cup
- Ghee /Clarified Butter - 2 tablespoon
- Saffron Water - 2 tablespoon
- Boil the eggs for 7-8 minutes and remove shell.
- Cut the boiled egg into half.
- Mix 1 tablespoon flour with 2 tablespoon water. Lightly coat egg with flour.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and add eggs.
- Roast eggs for 2 minutes or until eggs start to get little brown in color.
- Add a pinch of chili powder, turmeric powder and biriyani masla and salt.
- Mix it well and cook for 2- 3 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 15 minutes.
- In a deep bottom pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, javetri, cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and fry until brown.
- Once whole spices start to pop, add onion, mix and cook till onion gets light brown in color.
- Mix ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, remaining red chili powder, biriyani masla, garam masla and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt and add.
- Add soaked and drained rice in to gravy and saute' for a minute.
- Add 4 cups of water, salt and stir once or two time.
- Adjust salt and bring to a boil.
- Once the rice comes to a boil, lower down the heat to medium.
- Cover and cook on a very low heat for 20 minutes or till most of the moisture is been absorbed in the rice.
- Place the eggs into the cooked rice gently.
- If you want the marbled look, don't over mix, just lightly mix for an uneven look.
- Add some saffron water, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Also spread some fried onion.
- Add tbsp of ghee or butter.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnished with the fried onions and serve.