Fluffy Vanilla Swiss Roll
Sugar 1/2 cup
Flour 1/2 cup + 2 tbs
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Powder milk 2 tbs
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Oil 2 tbs
Honey as required
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C and grease 8 & 8″ pan with oil or butter.Line pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg whites on medium speed till thick foam forms.
- Keep whisking and add sugar.
- Add yolks to white in 2 batches.Whisk on slow speed. Add vanilla essence.
- Shift flour, baking powder, milk. Beat slowly until
- Mix with a spatula till just finely mix.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Spread with spatula as evenly as possible, pushing batter into corners of the pan.
- Jiggle till batter is level.
- Bake on middle shelf till middle of cake is springy when pressed, 10-15 mins.
- Remove from oven and drop pan into 1″ high 2-3 times.
- Unmould cake on to wire rack and leave till cool.
- Place cake on new sheet parchment paper and turn down.
- Peel parchment paper from bottom of cake..
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Spreed over the surface with honey or chocolate or whipped cream.
- Roll cake gently. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving .
- Cut off the outside edges, and cut the swiss roll into 5-10 even pieces and decoration as desired.
- Serve chilled.