Green Caramel Custard/Green Pudding
Caramel custard is one of my favorite.The texture of this dish is so magnificent and mouth watering.It is very popular dessert.Caramel Custard is a creamy and scrumptious dessert made with caramelized sugar and flavorful molded custard.
Green Caramel Preparation:
- In a pan add water, 1/4 cup sugar and green color. Melt them until caramelized. Bring it to boil until it turns into nice Green color caramel. It is easily get burnt so be careful. When caramelized, quickly pour in your pudding molds or oven safe dishes of your choice.
- Bring milk to boil and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add in eggs, remaining sugar and vanilla. Mixing until yellowish white.
- Now add milk into egg sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill the pudding mold or oven safe dishes with the mixture.
- Keep it on a ovenproof tray and fill carefully with boiling water to become halfway up the side of your dish.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes with 340 F (170'C) in your preheated oven.
- Let it cool at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Gas Stove Method:
- If you want to make it in the gas stove u can use steamer or a medium sauce pan.
- Fill a pan with some water to come halfway up the sides of your pudding dish.
- Cover it and steamed for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator before serving.