Grilled Lemon-Oregano Chicken Drumsticks
These sticky chicken drumsticks are marinated with lemon zest, lemon juice and oregano with other ingredients. It is slightly sweet, spicy and the oregano flavor is really fantastic. When baked, they turn a wonderful dark golden color. I was serve this grilled chicken with plain rice. You can serve this chicken with fried rice or lemon rice. It also can be nice combination with coconut rice or khichuri.
- Chicken leg - 6 pieces
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon zest - 1 teaspoon
- Oregano - 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce - 2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- White pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Spray oil in a your baking tray and place the chicken pieces with a little marinade.
- Place the baking tray into oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn the chicken.
- Again brush the remaining marinade spices and bake to oven.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until dark golden brown and marinade glaze is caramelised and sticky.
- Remove from oven.
- Cover it for 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander and serve hot with lemon wadges and rice.
Step by Step Picture: