Chicken Hariya Kabab/Chicken Hariyali Kabab
- Boneless chicken - 500 gm
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Tok doi(plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup thick without water
- Oil - 4 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- For green paste:
- Fresh Coriander leaves - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Fresh mint leaves - 1 tablespoon chiopped
- Green Chilies - 2
- Cornflour - 1 teaspoon
- Spice powder:
- Garam masla powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted coriander powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Roasted all spice, nutmeg- mace powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kabab masala powder(optional) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cut the chicken into cube pieces and dry all water with tissues or kitchen napkin. Keep aside.
- Make a green paste with green paste ingredients-coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilies and cornflour.
- In a bowl mix all other ingredients and green paste.
- Coat with the chicken pieces and rub well.
- Marinate for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Soak the skewers for 1 hour in warm water.
- Before taking chicken to oven, heat a piece of coal on gas, when coal is red hot put it on foil or a small bowl and place it in the bowl. Drizzle some ghee on it and immediately cover the bowl. Ghee will help create the smoke and give smokey flavor to chicken.
- Thread chicken pieces on skewers, dividing equally.
- Brush the chicken with oil.
- Adjust salt.
- Place the chicken pieces on baking tray.
- Preheat your to 200 degree c.Bake for 20 minutes per side.
- If you have broil option, broil another five minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with sauce and vegetable salad.
- All excess water dries up from meat and yogurt is the very important step. Don't skip that.