hasher kalia recipe || Bangladeshi hasher kalia recipe || spicy duck curri
hasher kalia recipe || Bangladeshi hasher kalia recipe || spicy duck curri recipe
hasher kalia recipe || Bangladeshi hasher kalia
- for spice powder:
- cinnamon - 1 inch 2 sticks
- Green Cardamon - 3 pieces
- cloves - 1/2 teaspoon
- whole black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- whole methi - 1/2 teaspoon
- whole coriander - 1/2 teaspoon
- whole cumin - 1 teaspoon
- for curry:
- duck / hash - 1 1/2 kg with bone and skin
- tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 1/2 cup
- ginger paste - 2 teaspoon
- garlic paste - 2 teaspoon
- cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- onion paste - 1/2 cup
- mustard oil - 1/4 cup
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon,cardamon, bay leaf - as required
- salt - 2 tsp or to taste
- water - 1 cup
- other ingredients:
- fried onion/beresta - 1/2 cup
- fried garlic - 2 tablespoon
spice powder preparation:
- heat a pan and fry whole spices until light brown.
- remove from heat and make a fine powder. keep aside.
marinate the meat:
- wash and drain meat pieces. pat dry and take in a bowl.
- mix tok doi/yogurt with meat.
- then mix ginger, garlic, cumin paste and coriander, turmeric and chili powder. mix onion paste and marinte for 15 minutes.
- heat oil in a pressure cooker. add whole garam mashla. fry a little.
- add marinated meat and cook 5 minutes or until oil is separated from spices, that is called koshano in our country.
- then add one cup of water and cover with lid. cook 20 minutes.
- remove from pressure cooker and keep into a deep bottom pan.
- mix fried onion, fried garlic and spice powder.
- cook 5 minutes.
- turn off flame and transfer to serving dish. sprinkle some fried onion and serve with rice or ruti.