How to frozen tomato puree/How to preserve tomato puree
- Wash and drain all water from tomatoes.
- Make a cross at the bottom end of all tomatoes.
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a large vessel and carefully drop the tomatoes in the hot water.
- Just boil for 30 second.
- Turn off heat. Immediately remove the blanched tomatoes and place them in cold water.
- This process will stop the tomatoes from over cooking.
- Drain from cold water once they cool completely.
- Then peel the thin skin carefully.
- Chopped and grind them for making smooth puree.
- Divide the puree into small batches and keep them in a plastic bag or box.
- You also keep them in a small bowl and freeze them.
- Once completely turn into freeze, then keep them in a food graded plastic bag and again keep in the freezer.
Tips for storing puree:
- Store it by putting it in different sized containers as you need. Freeze till you need it.
- If you do not want the seeds, Cut the tomatoes in half. Remove the seeds and the juice part.
- You can pour it in ice cube trays, freeze. Once the cubes are set, remove from tray and store them in a zip-lock bag in your freezer.
Step by Step picture: