How to make Ricotta Cheese/Chhana/Paneer at Home
- In a medium sauce pan pour the milk and bring to boil.
- When milk comes to boil add vinegar a little by little.
- Keep stirring occasionally. When the green water will be all over the pot, and channa will be separated, turn off the heat.
- Take a strainer and cheese cloth or cotton thin cloth on the strainer and strain the channa completely.
- Wash the Chhana with ice cool water properly to remove sourness of vinegar/ lemon juice and lightly squeeze out water from the chhana.
- Washing with ice cold water to remove still cooking chhana.
- Now hang in the channa for two hours or until all water out from channa to get soft and spongy channa.
- Chhana is ready now.
- Wash chhana immediately with ice cold water to remove still cooking and dryness. This is very important step.
- Store cheese in an airtight container and refrigerate if you not using immediately. It’s best to use within 1-2 days.
Step By Step Picture: