Ilish Macher Malaicurry
- Ilish fish/hilsh fish - 500 gm regular piece
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Onion Paste - 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Tok doi(plain yogurt) - 3 tablespoon
- Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
- Green Chili - as needed
- ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Clean and wash fish pieces. Drain water and pat dry with kitchen pepper. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan. Add onion paste and ginger paste. Cook until light brown and oil is separated from gravy.
- Mix yogurt, sugar, red chili, turmeric, in a bowl and mix in to pan. Add salt and sugar. Add some water and cook on medium heat until oil is separated from gravy.
- Next place fish pieces and fry a little. Flip over the fish after two minutes to cook the other side.
- Finally add coconut milk, green chilies, ghee and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook on medium heat until thick and tender.
- Once cooked turn of flame and serve with steamed rice or polau.