Kacha Aamer Chutney/Green Mango Chutney
Kacha Aamer Chutney/Green Mango Chutney is sweet and sour traditional chutney made with green mango. Usually it is serve with khichuri, rice polau, biriyani etc.
- Green Mango/Kacha Aam - 1 kg
- Mustard oil - 1/4 cup
- Nigella/Kalojira - 1 teaspoon
- Dry Red Chili - 5-6 pieces
- Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Whole Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon grated
- Garlic - 2 tablespoon Grated
- Ground red chili - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pachforon/Five spices powder - 1 tablespoon
- Roasted Cumin Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Raisins(kishmish) - 1/4 cup
- Bit lobon/Black salt - as needed
- Suagr - to taste
- lemon juice/white vinegar - 4tablespoon
- Wash the mangoes and dry all water with a cloth or kitchen napkin. Peel and gate them keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, once hot then add dry chili, mustard seeds, nigella/kalojira, cumin and allow to splutter. Then add ginger, garlic and fry until light brown.
- Next add grated mango, raisins, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted cumin powder, five spice powder and vinegar. Cook another 8-10 minutes on a very low heat.
- Cook till you get a thick consistency and the mangoes are soft but not mashed up.It will a little bit thicken after cooling.
- Turn off flame and allow to cool. Transfer to a sterilized bottle and keep into refrigerator.
- Serve with khichuri, polau ar biriyani.
- Adjust salt and red chili according to your taste level.
- You can use regular salt instead of bit lobon/black salt.