Kacha Tomato Diye Shutki Vuna/Tomato Dry Fish/How to Cook Loitta Shutki with Tomato
- Loitta shutki(dry fish) - 1 cup
- Green tomato - 4 small
- Onion - 1/2 cup slices
- Ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powdre - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili - 3-4
- Green onion/spring onion - 2 tablespoon roughly chopped
- Chopped garlic - 2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Remove the heads and tails, and cut the fish into 1" pieces.
- Fry them slightly in a pan without any oil, and then soak the pieces in cold water for about an hour.
- While soaking, clean the pieces thoroughly a few times in water to get rid of all the sand.
- Once cleaned completely, keep the loitta pieces aside.
- Cut the green tomatoes into 1" pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the onions.
- Add ginger, garlic paste, coriander, cumin powder, turmeric, chili powder and salt.
- Stir fry with a bit of water.
- Once mixed thoroughly, add the loitta pieces and saute over low heat.
- Add the green tomatoes, chopped garlic, green onion and green chili after 3 to 4 minutes.
- Continue to keep over low heat.
- Add ½ cup of water after another 3 to 4 minutes and cover the pan.
- Once the water dries up after 5 to 6 minutes, and the loitta pieces are lightly fried, turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice.