Kata Mashlay Mangsho/Whole Masala Meat
- Beef - 1 1/2 kg
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon finely grated
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 6-7 pieces
- Cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Dry Red Chili - 2 chopped
- Green chili - 4-5 pieces
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green Cardamon - 4 pods
- Cinnamon stick 2 - 2 pieces
- Cloves - 4 pieces
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoon
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Cut the beef into small pieces. Clean and rinse.
- Marinate the beef with ginger, garlic, coriander, chili powder, salt and yogurt. Set aside for one hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and onions for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the marinated beef and mix for about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer on medium heat till the water starts to boil.
- Turn down the flame and keep covered.
- Open the lid after 10 to 12 minutes and stir thoroughly.
- Add one cup of water if the water dries up. Cover the pan again.
- Once the beef is soft and tender and the gravy starts to thicken, add the green chili and lime juice.
- Simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- As the gravy dries up, mix in the ghee.
- Add another ½ cup of water and keep covered over low heat.
- Cook for another 10 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve hot.