Maida/wheat flour 4 cups (500 gram)
salt 2 tsp
sugar 2 tbs
ghee 2 tbs
oil for fry
- Mix flour, salt, sugar and ghee in a bowl.
- mix egg and water. Mix well and make a dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes until smooth soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 equal parts.
- Take one ball, flatten and dust with some flour. Roll it with a rolling pin.
- Spread some oil on the circle and sprinkle some flour.
- Fold sideways and you will get a folded round shape.
- Cover and rest for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes sprinkle some flour on rolling board and roll again into round shape ruti/crep.
- Heat a flat frying pan. Take a ruti and fry a little. flip the parata when the base is 1/4 cooked.
- spread one tablespoon oil on this side now and flip again when the second side is 1/2 cooked.
- you will see brown spot now.
- flip again two or three times till you see more brown spots and the parata cooked evenly.
- make all parata this way.
- serve hot with any kind of bhaji or curry.