Kolar Phul Bhaja/Kolar Mocha Bhaja/How to cook cone of banana
Kolar Phul Bhaja/Kolar Mocha Bhaja is a dry curry which goes well with boiled rice. This is a another traditional rustic Bangladeshi food. Today we will learn how to cook kolar mocha/cone of banana following this recipe.
- Cone of banana/kolar mocha - 1 piece
- Prawn - 1 cup small
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coconut paste - 1/2 cup
- Ground turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili cpowder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Soybean oil - 1/2 cup
- Green Chilies - 4-5 pieces
- At first keep aside the flower from the skin of the banana cone/kolar mocha.
- Remove the white twigs and hard stick.
- Chopped, wash and drain.
- Boil with salt until tender and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and fry onion until soft.
- Add prawn and all other ingredients except green chilies. Saute' with a little water.
- Now mix boiled banana cone/mocha and keep stirring.
- Add green chilies and cook until water dries up.
- Once cooked, turn off heat and serve.