Kolija Vuna/Goat Liver Fry in Bengali Way
- Goat Liver/Kolija - 1 kg
- Onion - 1 cup chopped in slices
- Mustard oil - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Spice paste:
- Onion paste - 1/4 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin paste - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander paste - 1 teaspoon
- Spice powder:
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Whole garam masala:
- Green Cardamon - 3 pieces
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 3 pieces
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces
- Clove - 3-4 pieces
- Cut the liver into bite sizes. Wash well and drain all excess water.
- Except oil, whole garam masala, roasted cumin powder and onion slices, mix all other ingredients with liver and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Temper the oil with cardamon, cinnamon, tej pata and cloves.
- When the spices pop add the onion slices. Fry until onion is brown and soft.
- Next goes in the marinated liver.
- Keep stirring until water comes from liver.
- Reduce the heat to low and keep covering for 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked and oil is separated from liver, then add roasted cumin powder.
- Turn off heat and serve hot with rice or paratha.