Loitta Fish Jhuri Bhaja
- Fresh Loitta Fish/Bombay Duck - 300 gm
- Maustard oil - 1/4 cup
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato - 1 cup chopped
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Green Chilies - 4-5 pieces
- Fresh Coriander leaves - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Crispy Fried onion(Beresta) - 2 tablespoon
- Cut the fish into fillet and remove center bone. Wash and drain. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan on medium heat. Fry chopped onion and garlic until soft.
- Then mix ginger paste and fry a little.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and cook until soft. Add red chili, turmeric powder, cumin and salt. Mix well and cook a minute.
- Add fish pieces, green chilies and cook on medium heat.
- Don't add water, the fish will release enough water. Cook on medium heat until most water dries out and oil is separated from fish.
- Finally mix coriander leaves and fried onion. Cook two minutes.
- Turn off flame and transfer to a serving dish. Serve with rice.
- Adjust salt according to your taste level.
- You can omit coriander leaves.
- You can also replace ruho fish or bele fish with loitta fish.