Loitta Shutki Vuna
Loitta Shutki Vuna (dry fish) is a very spicy and hot traditional dish of Bangladesh.Many people do not like Shutki for its strong smell,but those who love shutki consider this dish to be a favorite.It served with rice or khichuri.
Today we will learn how to cook loitta shutki (dry loitta fish) at home following this easy recipe with step wise pictures.
- Loitta shutki(dry fish) - 1 cup cut into 1/2
- Onion - 1 cup slices
- Garlic - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (optional) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriader leaves - 2 tablespoon
- Red chili - 2-3 roasted
- Mustard oil - 3 tablespoon
- Remove heads and tails and cut the fish into 1" pieces.
- Boil some water and boil dry fish pieces for 30 s.
- Washed thoroughly a few times in water to get ride of all the sands and drain well. Then mashed well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and garlic. Fry them until soft.
- Then add garlic paste, ginger paste, cumin paste, salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Saute' for 1 minute, reduce the heat to medium. Dry fish has a lot of salt. So be careful about salt.
- Now add boiled shutki and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- If you feel salty then add more onion.It is your personal preference.
- Use mustard oil which makes the shutki to different taste and makes it so delicious.
- Add a very little water and roasted chili powder. Taste and check for salt.
- Cover on low heat and cook for five minutes or until all water dries up.
- Once the water dries up and the loitta fish are lightly brown
- Once the water is dries up then add chopped coriander and green chilies.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice or khichuri.
Step by Step Picture: