- Prawn/Chingri mach - 12 pieces peeled
- Soybean oil/Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1 cup finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 cup finely chopped
- Ginger Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - a pinch
- For Tempering:
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Curry Leaves(optional) - 10 pieces
- Black mustard - 1 teaspoon
- Clean and peeled prawn, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a medium pan, fry onion until soft.
- Then add tomatoes and fry until soft.
- Next add ginger, garlic, red chili, turmeric, coriander and salt. Add 1/4 cup water and cook until oil is separated from spices.
- Now place prawn pieces and fry a little in gravy.
- Then mix coconut milk, sugar and mix gently. Add some water. Cover and cook on medium heat until thick and tender approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Once cooked transfer to a serving dish.
- Melt ghee in a nonstick pan, fry curry leaves and mustard. Once done pour it over the prawn curry.
- Serve with rice or khichuri.