Malai Chicken (Murgh Malai)
Chicken Malai or Murgh Malai is a cream based gravy is an easy to make yet very delicious preparation. It is a creamy chicken whice is made by milk, yogurt, fresh cream and spices. Chicken malai one of the yummiest chicken curry that is loved at home. It can be served with naan,roti or simple biriyani or streamed plain rice.
Today we will learn how to cook Malai Chicken at home following this easy recipe with step wise pictures.
- Chicken - 1 kg 8 pieces
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Onion paste - 2 tablespoon
- Cardamon - 3-4 pieces
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2 pieces
- Cloves - 4 pieces
- Ginger paste - 2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- White pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg-mace paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Cream - 2 tablespoon
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion and fry until soft. Then add onion paste and ginger-garlic paste. Add whole garam masala. Saute' one minute.
- Now place chicken pieces and fry until light golden and oil is separated from gravy.
- Then add cumin paste,coriander powder,garam masala, White pepper powder and nutmeg-mace powder.
- Whisk yogurt well then add into gravy. Pour one cup milk.
- Cover and cook on a low flame until tender or well cooked.
- Once cooked and oil is separated from gravy then add two tablespoon cream. Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed rice, ruti or paratha.
Step by Step Picture: