Kulfi is a popular frozen dessert with a creamy, dense texture. Kulfi is basically Indian Ice-Cream, and is made with mostly full fat milk. Our recipe is mango flavoured but other traditional flavours rose, cardamon, pistachio and saffron.
- In a non-stick pan combine all the ingredients except the mango pulp and mix well.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and then simmer for 3-4 minutes till thickens.
- Let it cool completely.
- Add the mango pulp and mix well.
- If you are using Saffron, cardamon powder and nuts, add them in now.
- I do not add these, just add the mango flavor.
- Pour these into 6 individual kulfi moulds or popsicle molds and place these in the freezer over night or at least three hours.
- To unmold kulfi, just dip the mold in a glass of hot water for 10 to 15 seconds and it will release from the mold.
- Unmould and serve quickly.