Marble Pound Cake
- For Chocolate Mix:
- Cocoa Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Dark Chocolate - 2 tablespoon grated
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Hot coffee/water - 2 tablespoon
- For Batter:
- Butter - 1/2 cup or 100 gram
- Powder Sugar - 1 cup
- Egg - 2 large
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- In a bowl mix cocoa powder, chocolate, butter with hot water or coffee. Mix until no lumps. Let it cool and keep aside.
- Preheat your to 180 degree c or 325 degree f.
- Grease your baking pan and place a parchment paper, keep aside.
- In a small bowl mix milk and vinegar and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
- In another bowl beat butter until light and fluffy. Then beat sugar a little by little until well mix.
- Next beat egg one by one until light and foamy.
- Then mix milk mixture and vanilla essence. Beat 2 minutes.
- Now mix flour mixture with egg mixture with a spoon or spatula gently. Don't over mix.
- Then divide the batter into two bowl. Mix chocolate mixture with one portion gently.
- Spoon batters into the prepared pan in 2 layers. Alternately spoon vanilla and chocolate layers into prepared pan.
- Take a skewer and swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40-50 minute or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake pan to a rack to cool 10 minutes. Remove the cake from pan and let it cool completely on the room temperature.
- Cake can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
- You can use buttermilk instead of milk and vinegar.
Step by Step Picture:
Similar Cake Recipes: