Making Boiled Dough:
- In a saucepan, whisk together 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of bread flour until no lumps remain.
- Heat the mixture over medium low heat, whisking constantly. It should thicken to gel like consistency after just a few minutes.
- As soon as lines appear in the mixture when stirred, remove it from the heat and transfer it to a small bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Now heat the milk about lukewarm to the touch or microwaving it for 10 second. Add yeast over the milk and set aside for 5 mins for the activating yeast.
- In a large bowl sift together the bread flour, sugar and salt.
- In an another bowl whisk together cooked dough, cream, powder milk and one egg.
- Now add the yeast mixture to the wet ingredients and mix it well. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour all of the wet ingredients.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a loose, shaggy, dough, then switch to using your hands.
- Knead for 5 mins, or until the dough forms a semi smooth ball. The dough will be quite sticky.
- Sprinkle some flour over your hands and keep kneading. But try to avoid over flouring.
- Now add the butter to the dough. The dough will be slippery and messy at this point ,but just keep kneading for 5 mins or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- In a large bowl Place the dough and cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Let proof for 1 to 2 hours, or until well doubled. Alternatively, you can let the dough proof overnight in the refrigerator. If storing in the refrigerator, cover more tightly with plastic wrap to avoid drying out.
- Once the dough is doubled, turn it out and punch it down. Divide it into three or four equal pieces.
- For each piece, roll the dough out to a long oval. Roll the dough up lengthwise, then place into the loaf pan.
- Let the dough proof again until nearly it’s doubled, another hour or so.
- After about 40 minutes, preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Whisk your another egg and brush the egg wash over the dough.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until golden-brown on top.
- Once done remove from oven. Let it cool briefly, then slice and eat.