Motorshuti Beef/Beef with Green peas
Motorshuti Beef is a Traditional Food of Bangladesh. It is a nice combination of beef and green peas.
- Beef/Mutton/lamb meat - 1 kg
- Green peas/motorshuti - 1 cup
- Soybean oil - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Spice paste:
- Onion Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 2 teaspoon
- Spice powder:
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Whole garam masala
- Green Cardamon - 4 pieces
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2 pieces
- Bay leaf - 2 small
- Cut, wash and drain beef.
- Wash green peas and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan. Fry chopped onion until brown.
- Add all paste and powder spices. Mix well.
- Place meat pieces and add whole garam masala. Mix them well.
- Keep stirring on high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Now add 4 cups of water and cover th pan.
- Cook on medium heat until tender.
- Then add green peas and cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice or ruti or paratha.