Mug Dal Vuna Khichuri
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Rice - 2 cups washed
- Mug Dal - 1 cup
- Chicken small pieces - 300 gm
- Onion - 1/2 cup cut into thin slices
- Onion golden fried - 1/4 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
- cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masla powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 5-6
- Cinnamon stick - 2
- Green Cardamon - 4
- Bay leaves - 2
- salt - to taste
- Heat a pan or tawa, fry the mug dal for 2-3 mins. Keep aside.
- In a deep sauce pan heat oil, pour the onion slices and fry for 2 mins.
- Add bay leaves,cinnamon-cardamon and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoon water.
- Add ginger-garlic, cumin,coriander, red chilies and stir for about 3-4 mins.
- Now add mug dal , chicken and salt.
- Stir continuously or until the water becomes dry, then add rice and stir for 2-3 mins.
- Add 4 1/2 cups of water, let it boil and adjust salt.
- Add green chilies and cover it for 20-25 mins.Open the cover, add fried onion.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.