Mughlai Dum Beef
- For Marination:
- Beef/Mutton/lamb meat - 2 kg
- Ginger Paste - 3 tablespoon
- Garlic Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Paste - 2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Paste - 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Poppy seed paste/Postodana - 1 teaspoon
- Jaiphal, Javetry(nutmeg, mace) powder or paste - 1 teaspoon
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 1 cup
- Other Ingredients:
- Onion Paste - 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Roasted garam mashla powder - 1 teaspoon
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon,cardamon, bay leaf, cloves - 2 -3 pieces
- Fried onion(Beresta) - 1/2 cup
- kewra essence - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Clean and wash beef pieces well. Drain all water.
- Mix marination Ingredients with meat pieces well, the marinate for two or three hours preferable overnight.
- Heat oil and ghee in a deep bottom pan. Fry whole garam masala a little. Add onion paste and saute' a while.
- Place the marinated beef, half of fried onion, salt and cook on medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add coconut milk, sugar and mix well. Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Once done add kewra essence and garam masala powder. Cook for a 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off flame. Still cover before serving.Sprinkle fried onion and serve with polau or khichuri or naan.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to your taste level.