Mughlai Mutton curry is a very popular dish. Mughlai food recipe comes from the kitchens of Mughal Empire.This wonderful recipe is a restaurant style curry.It is a smooth,creamy and delicious mutton curry.
- Mutton - 1 kg
- Onion golden fried(beresta) - 1/2 cup
- Onion Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Cardamon powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander - 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg-mace powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Liquide Milk - 1 cup
- Cream - 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaves - 2 pieces
- Green Cardamon - 2-3
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2
- Cloves - 3
- Oil/ghee - 4 tablespoon
- Kewra essence - 1 tablespoon
- Cut the mutton pieces into small regular pieces.
- Wash and marinate the mutton pieces with ginger garlic, cumin coriander, nutmeg-mace powder, fried onion, red chili, salt and yogurt. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute' whole garam masala. Then add onion paste and saute' for a minute.
- Now place the marinated mutton and stir continuously on a medium heat until all water dries up.
- Add milk and stir well. Cover and cook on a medium low heat for 1 hour or until mutton is soft, tender and well cooked. If you need, add more water.
- Once cooked and oil is separated from gravy , then add cream and kewra essence.
- Turn off heat and remove from heat.
- Cover it for five minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fried onion and coriander leaves.
Step by Step Picture: