Mutton Rogan Josh
- Mutton - 600 gm
- Ghee - 3-4 tablespoon
- Onion - 1 1/2 cup chopped
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon,cardamon, bay leaf, cloves - as needed
- For Spice Paste:
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste/Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Paste - 2 teaspoon
- Cumin Paste - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Poppy seed paste/Postodana - 1 teaspoon
- Jaiphal, Javetry(nutmeg, mace) powder or paste - a pinch
- Asafoetida / Hing (Optional) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Clean and wash mutton pieces well. Drain all water. Keep aside.
- Mix all spice paste in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep bottom pan. Fry onion and whole garam masal until brown. Now fry mutton pieces and salt until brown. Once brown remove mutton and keep aside on a bowl.
- Now add oil a little if needed, mix spice paste and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on medium heat until oil is separated from gravy.
- Once done then mix mutton pieces and cook well with gravy. Add enough water and simmer until thick and tender. Add more water if needed.
- Turn off flame keep covering before serve.
Step by Step Picture: