Nesesta Halwa/Bombay Halwa/Korachi Halwa
- Wash semolina/suji 2 times. Soak the semolina into 2-3 cups of water over night.
- Remove the water over the suji. Then add 2 cups water and rub well.
- Strain with a cotton cloth and preserve the strained starch. Keep aside.
- In a small vessel mix starch, sugar, ghee, lemon juice and rose water.
- Turn on flame and cook on medium heat. Continue stirring on low flame only. It starts becoming transparent, and cook until it mixes well.Keep stirring until all ghee is absorbed in halwa.
- Halwa has become glittery, add color into it and cook until it mixes completely.
- Add pistachio nuts and cook nicely. Cook for 5-7 minutes more or until it gets thick consistency.
- Once cokked take out halwa in any plate and keep it for freezing.
- Sprinkle thinly sliced almonds and press them with spoon.
- Cut into any size or shape as per your desire after it gets freeze.
- Don't over cook or don't cook on high flame it become hard.