ovaltine cake | malt chocolate cake
- sugar - 1 cup (200 gram)
- all purpose flour/maida - 1 & 3/4 cup (200 gram)
- ovaltine / malted milk powder - 3/4 cup
- cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- eggs - 3
- oil - 1/2 cup
- water - 1/2 cup
- hot water - 1 cup
- vanilla essence - 1 tbs
- for frosting:
- whipped cream - 1 cup
- ovaltine/malted powder - 1/2 cup
- cocoa powder - 1 tbs
- in a bowl add dry ingredients - sugar, flour, ovaltine/malted milk powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda, salt and mix well.
- then add eggs, oil, water and vanilla essence. mix gently with a whisk until no lumps.
- now add hot water and mix well until no lumps.
- transfer the batter in a 8 x 8 inch pan or 9 inch pan.
- bake in 170 degree c for 30-40 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- let the cake to cool at room temperature.
- beat whipped cream until soft peak. then add ovaltine/malted powder and cocoa powder. just mix don't over beat.
- slice the cool cake and decorate with frosting.
- serve and enjoy!