Pakon Pitha/Pakoan Pitha/Pakan Pitha
Pakon Pitha recipe one of the best Bangladeshi Pitha dessert recipes where pithas are soaked into sugar syrup. They are soft, delicious, deep fried and soaked traditional Bangladeshi dessert .
- All Purpose Flour(Maida) - 2 cups
- Ground unparboiled rice/Ground Atop Chal - 2 cups
- Water - 4 cups
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg - 4 pieces medium
- Ghee - 1/4 cup melted
- Extra ghee or oil for greasing
- For Sugar Syrup:
- Water - 11 cups
- Sugar - 3 1/2 cups
- Green Cardamon - 2 pieces
- Cinnamon - 2 pieces
- Oil for deep fry
- Whisk egg in a bowl and keep aside.
- Melt ghee in a another small bowl and keep aside.
- Mix all purpose flour and rice flour in a bowl. Keep aside.
Making Sugar syrup:
- Make sugar syrup with sugar, water, cardamon and cinnamon. Just boil for 2- 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat , transfer to big bowl and let it into room temperature. Keep aside.
- Boil four cups of water and salt on medium high heat. Add flour mixture and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Once cooked remove from heat. Transfer to a big flat tray. Cover and let it to room temperature.
- Once cool then knead, keep kneading and mix beaten egg, and ghee a little by little. Knead for 15-16 minutes or until to make a smooth, soft and pliable dough.
- Divide the dough into 25-30 portion. Make round shape ball. Then turn into your desired shape. You can use cookie cutter, or any kind of dices, needle, toothpick or knife for design. (Grease your dice with ghee or oil before use.)
- Make all pithas and now ready for fry.
- Heat enough oil in a flat deep fry pan on low heat. Fry 6 or 7 pieces of pitha at a time on low heat until deep golden brown.
- It takes 7-8 minutes every batch. Fry all pithas and let it a little bit cool. Then soak it into sugar syrup for over night.
- After soaked for over night, they will appear soft, heavy and double in size pitha.
- You can serve cool or warm into oven . Transfer to a serving plate, pour some sugar syrup over them, then serve soft and juicy pakon pitha.
- Always deep fry pakon pithas on low heat or low medium heat only.
- You can add milk in the place of water for cooking flour mixture.