Pink Sugar Glazed Doughnuts
A simple and delicious homemade sugar glazed doughnut recipe and these doughnuts are so delicious.These doughnuts are easy to make at home.
Super soft, adorned with crispy sugar glazed doughnuts were a huge hit in our family!
- For doughnut:
- All purpose flour - 2 1/2 cup
- Powder milk - 2 tablespoon
- Instant Yeast - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter - 3 tablespoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Egg - 1
- Warm water - 1/2 cup
- Oil for deep fry
- For sugar glaze:
- Icing Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
- Pink food color - 1 drop
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl-flour, sugar, yeast, salt, powder milk, butter and mix well.
- Add lightly whisk egg into it.
- Pour 1/2 cup of warm water and stir in the mixture and make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 5-6 more minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place into a large greased bowl.
- Grease the top of the dough, and cover the bowl with paper.
- Set the bowl into a warm place; let the dough rise until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down the dough and roll out on a floured work surface to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut doughnuts out of the dough with a 3 1/2-inch round doughnut cutter with a 1-inch smaller cutter in the center.
- Let the doughnuts rise on the work surface until very light and fluffy, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan.
- Gently pick up and drop the doughnuts into the hot oil, working in small batches of 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until the doughnuts are light golden brown, turning once, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the doughnuts on paper towels to absorb oil.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of milk and vanilla extract, and stir in the confectioners' sugar and a drop of pink food color to make a glaze.
- Spread a thin layer of glaze over the warm doughnuts and sprinkle some sprinkles or design with blue color sugar glaze.
- Let the doughnut at least one hour or until dry .
Step by Step Recipe: