Plain Polau is a most popular way to serve rice. Plain Polau is a easy to make and serve as a main dish. There are many ways to make plain polau. You can make it without alubukhara. But it makes the plain polau special and delicious.
- Polau rice-chinigura/kalijira/bashmoti - 4 cups
- Water - 7 cups
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole cardamon - 5 numbers
- Whole cinnamon - 4 pieces 1
- Bay leaves - 3
- Cloves - 4 pieces
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Onion paste - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Dried prunes (alu bukhara) - 8 pieces
- Raisins - 2 tablespoon
- Green peas/motorshuti - 1/2 cup
- Green chilies - 6-7
- Kewra essence - 1 tablespoon
- Fried onion(Beresta) - for garnishing
- Clean the rice and soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain all water completely.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add whole cardamon, cinnamon,cloves and bay leaves.
- Fry chopped onion until soft.
- Add rice and ginger paste. Fry a little.
- Mix garlic paste, onion paste and fry a little.
- Now pour 7 cups of water and stirring 2-3 times.
- Add salt, green chilies and sugar.
- Bring to boil until water dries up.
- Once water dries up, reduced heat to low.
- Place a tawa under the pan.
- Sprinkle green peas, alu bukhara and raisins.
- Add kewra essence.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes on a very low heat.
- Once cooked and
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with beresta.
- Serve hot with chicken roast or beef rezala.