Spicy Potato Tikia with crisp outside soft inside is a real treat to taste buds at anytime. This simple and easy recipe uses shallow fry technique to get crispy outer .
- Potato - 4 medium sized
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 2 finely chopped
- coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin roasted powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masla - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander fresh - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Fresh mint leaves - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Salt - to test
- Breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Oil - for pan fry
- Boil the potatoes and mash it completely.
- Now add all the ingredients except oil and half of bread crumbs. Mix it well.
- Then make small balls of about 3/4 inch thickness and 2 and 1/2 inches in diameter and press them lightly to flatten.
- Coat the ball with the remaining bread crumbs.Set aside for 1o mins.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a frying pan and place 2 or 3 tikias in the pan.
- Fry them for about 2 minutes or till become golden brown on each side. And repeat the same for all the tikias.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green sauce.
Step by Step Picture: