Steps to make Channa /Ricotta cheese:
- In a wide pan boil milk and when milk comes to boil, slowly add lemon juice or vinegar to the milk and keep stir occasionally.
- Place a piece of cheese cloth or a fine muslin cotton over the strainer and keep stained over a pot.
- Pour milk over the cloth, now add cold water and wash the chana properly to remove sourness of lemon juice/vinegar and lightly squeeze out water from the channa and hang in for about 1-2 hour.
Steps to make mawa:
- In a nonstick pan heat butter over medium low heat.
- Once butter melts, add the dry powdered milk.
- Stir constantly to form a coarse dust and until slightly golden and aromatic. Set aside.
Steps to make pranhara:
- On a tray knead the channa about 5-6 mins or until smooth and fluffy and no trace of grains.
- Divide the channa into two parts.
- Mix sugar and 3/4 of mawa with one part channa.
- Take a nonstick pan and cook it in low heat stirring constantly, scrapping the pan bottom.
- Cook until the mixture is very sticky and a mass pulls away from the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Mix the rose water, second portion of the raw channa and knead till smooth.
- Divide into even portions to make smaller bite size balls.
- Garnish with the remaining mawa.