Red Velvet Cake Roll/Red Velvet Swiss Roll
Red velvet cake is dark red, bright red or red-brown color soft cake. It is prepared as a layer cake topped with whipped cream and castor/granulated/icing sugar.
- Preheat oven160'C and grease 10 x 7 inch pan with oil and you need parchment paper 10*9.
- In a bowl heat butter and add to cocoa powder, mix well.
- Add 2 teaspoon sugar and whisk thoroughly.
- Add water and make a pastry form.
- Add salt, vanilla extract and egg yolks.
- Add half of cake flour into mixture and whisk till even.
- Sift remaining cake flour into mixture.
- Add color and mix well.
- With a electric bitter whisk egg whites on medium-slow speed till thick foam forms .
- Add 2 teaspoon castor sugar whilst continuing to whisk.
- Keep whisking till egg whites are at soft foam.
- Add egg whites in 3 batches and mix smoothly.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Spread with spatula as evenly as possible, pushing batter into corners of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place cake on clean parchment paper.
- Peel parchment paper from bottom of cake.
- Let it cool on a rack.
- Spread evenly with whipped cream.
- Roll cake carefully.
- Let it chill till filling is set.
- Cut with serrated knife, wiping knife clean with paper towels after each cut.
- Transfer to serving plate.Serve it when cake is still cold.