Red Velvet Cake With Frosting | Make Red Velvet Cake Like Pro
- Butter - 100 gram
- sugar - 1 & 1/4 cup (250 gram)
- egg - 2 large
- cocoa powder light - 2 tbs
- salt - 1 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- vinegar - 1 tsp
- flour/all Purpose Flour/Maida - 2 & 1/4 cup (270 gram)
- For frosting:
- salted butter - 200 gram soft
- icing sugar - 3/4 cup
- ice cool water - 1/4 cup
- vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- cream cheese spread - 1/4 cup (optional)
- pre-heat your oven into 170 degree c for 10 minutes.
- beat the butter and sugar until well combined. add the eggs one at a time beating after each edition.
- Stir in the food color, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and vinegar.
- beat in the flour alternately with the buttermilk or yogurt milk mixture.
- transfer the 1/2 of the batter into a greased 8 inch baking pan.
- bake for 25 minutes.
- remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before turning.
- beat salted soft butter for two minutes.
- add icing sugar and beat with ice cool water until light and fluffy.
- add vanilla essence and cream cheese. Adjust the consistency of the frosting as needed by adding more sugar or water.
- When the cake is cool, slice each layer horizontally, to make a total of four layers.
- Spread each layer with frosting, stacking them as you go.
- We like to show off the lovely contrasting colors of this cake by frosting only the top, not the sides.
- slice and serve cool or room temperature.