Red Velvet Cake/Easy,Moist Homemade Red Velvet Cake
Red velvet cake is a cake with either a dark red, bright red or red brown color. It is traditionally prepared as a layer cake topped with cream cheese. Common ingredients are used buttermilk, cocoa , flour and red food color. The vinegar, milk and baking soda tends to better revealed the red color in cocoa and keep the cake moist, light and fluffy.
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Egg - 2 room temperature
- Oil - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- White vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Liquid Coffee - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 2 teaspoon
- Liquid red food colour - 2 tablespoon
- For frosting
- Cream cheese frosting/Butter cream frosting - 2 cups
- Sugar Syrup - 1 cup
- Red cake crumbs - 1/2 cup
- For italian butter cream
- Egg whites - 5 large
- cream of tarter - a pinch
- sugar - 1 1/4 cup
- Butter - 400 gm cold
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 1/3 cup
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree C and grease two 9" round pan with oil or butter, then place a parchment pepper. In a medium bowl whisk together, flour,baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Combined until no lumps. Set aside.
- In a another large bowl combine all other wet ingredients - eggs, vinegar, milk, sugar, oil, vanilla essence, milk, coffee and red food color. Beat for 4-5 minutes or until well combined.
- Then combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at a time. Mixing after each addition, just until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into each pan and smooth the tops with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the middle rack for 25-30 minute, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let pans cool on a cooling rack until the pans are warm to touch. Slide a knife or offset spatula around the inside of the pans to loosen the cake from pan.
- Remove the cake from the pans and let them cool on room temperature. Then keep then into refrigerator at least 2 hours. Using a sharp knife cut the each cake into two layers.
Italian Meringue Buttercream:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and 1/3 cup water to a boil. Boil until syrup reaches soft-ball stage (238 degrees.on a candy thermometer).
- In an electric mixture fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on low until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat on medium high until stiff but not dry.
- With mixer running, pour syrup down side of bowl into egg whites in a steady stream, and beat on high speed until steam is no longer visible, about 3 minutes. Beat in butter a few pieces at a time.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth. If it looks curdled at any point, keep beating to smooth out.
- Grease your serving plate with butter. Turn over the top layer of the cake and place on your serving plate. Brush the cake layer with sugar syrup. Take frosting and spread on the moist cake layer. Brush the sugar sugar on second cream layer. Place the cut side down on top of the cream.
- Reserve the half cup of frosting in pastry bag for decorating. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Pastry bag fitted with star tip and pipe rosettes on top of cake. Decorate with red velvet cake crumbs.
- Refrigerate the decorated cake over night or at least 2-3 hours before serving.
Step by Step Picture:
Similar Cake Recipes: