- Rui fish - 8 pieces 500 gm
- Orange wedges - 8 pieces
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Onion chopped - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 4 + 2 tablespoon
- Spice paste:
- Onion paste - 2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoon
- Spice powder:
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mix fish with some turmeric and salt.
- Heat two tablespoon oil in a pan or wok and fry fry fish pieces until brown. Keep aside.
- Peel the orange wedges and remove seeds. Keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium deep bottom pan, fry chopped onion until soft and light brown.
- Add onion paste, garlic paste, cumin paste, tomato paste and 2-3 tablespoon water to remove burning.
- Mix all other spice powder except roasted cumin. Mix well.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Saute' about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add coconut milk and water.
- Place the fish pieces carefully to avoid breaking.
- Cover the pan for 5-6 minutes.
- When the water dries down, add peeled orange wadges.
- Cook another 2 minutes.
- When the oil comes over the fish, add cumin powder.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice or polau.
- If you want it to be more hot, add green chili at the time of add green chili at the time of adding orange.