Ruti Pitha-Hasher Mangsho/Chaler Ruti-Hasher Mangsho
- For Chaler Ruti:
- Ground unparboiled rice/Ground Atop Chal - 2 cups
- Ground Parboiled rice/Ground Siddo Cahal - 2 cups
- Water - 4 cups
- Salt - 2 teaspoon
- For Duck:
- Duck - 1 1/2 kg cut into 8-9 pieces
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Coconut smooth paste - 1/2 cup
- Onion paste - 1/2 cup
- Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Green Cardamon - 4 pieces
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2 pieces
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces
- Clove - 2-3 pieces
- Garam masla powder - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sieve ground rice with a strainer well and keep aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water and salt in a nonstick pan.
- Add ground rice and mix with boiled water. At that time the dough become water. Don't worry.
- Reduced heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes on a very low heat.
- Cook until the white color of ground rice is no more.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Now knead well until smooth dough. At that time you feel sticky dough. Take a very little water on your hand and knead more.
- Divide the dough into 22-24 equal parts.
- Make a smooth round ball.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour before placing the ball of dough on top.
- Roll the ball into round ruti.
- Heat a tawa or non-stick pan.
- Heat a tawa or a flat pan on a medium heat. Place one bread and once the bread start bubbling then turn the bread. Cook another side at the same process.
- Make all other bread with the same process.
- Cover the bread with a kitchen towel before serving.
Cook duck meat:
- Cut the Duck into 8-9 pieces. Wash and drain all water. If you drain all excess water after wash, it will make your meat too soft. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add whole cardamon, bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves. Once the whole spices splutter, then add onion paste and all other ingredients except milk, garam masala, roasted cumin with a little water.
- Stir for a few minutes.
- Place the meat pieces and keep stirring until water comes out the meat and oil is separated from spices.
- Add milk, garam masala and 1-2 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer until tender.
- Add more water if needed.
- Once cooked, add roasted cumin powder.
- Remove from heat and serve.