Semolina Halwa is a traditional recipe in our country. It is an instant method of making shuji halwa with shuji, mawa, cocoa powder and flavor with chocolate. This recipe is very simple and need a very few ingredients. It is very soft and delicious. So lets know how to make Samolina Halwa following this easy recipe.
- Grease a pan with 2 teaspoon ghee and keep aside
- In a blender mix the water, sugar, milk, cardamon and blend them well.
- Divide the blended mixture in to three equal portions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a fry pan on medium high heat.
- Add semolina/shuji and stir constantly until semolina is cooked and golden brown.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In a nonstick pan pour the 2/3 of suji and 2/3 of egg mixture.
- Add the cocoa powder and cooking chocolate .Place on high heat and bring to boil.
- Turn heat to medium high heat and stir until the grains fully absorb the liquid.
- When start to form into a pudding like consistency, then add 1/2 cup of ghee.
- Keep stirring until the mixer is very thick.
- Stop cooking when halwa pull away from the sides of the pan and keep aside.
- Repeat the same process to make the second portion of halwa with another 1/3 semolina/suji, 1/3 egg-milk mixture and the remaining ghee.
- Take your greased pan and place the 1/2 of chocolate portion as a first portion to make 1 layer.
- Place the second layer with the white portion.
- Finally, place the final layer with the remaining chocolate portion.
- Sprinkle with the sliced nuts and raisins.
- Allow the semolina halwa to cool and harden for a bit.
- Cut into squire or diamond shape.
- Decorate each squire with sliced almond.