Shawrma Bread is super simple and quick recipe.Sharma bread recipe similar with pita bread recipe.You can get a good shawrma bread at home to follow this recipe.
Today we will learn how to make fresh shawrma bread at home with step wise pictures.
- Dissolve the yeast in 2 tablespoon warm water by stirring and stir in one teaspoon sugar and let stand for 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Then mix flour into yeast mixture. Add salt and oil.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup warm water and stir together with a wooden spoon or your hand.
- If the mixture is too dry then add more water, if too wet then add more flour.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and place a work surface dusted lightly with flour.
- Knead with your hand or a electrick mixture on low speed for 10 minutes.
- The dough should be smooth and elastic.
- The dough spring back when you pock it with your finger.
- Take a large clean bowl and lightly grease with oil or spray with a cooking spray.
- Form a bowl out of the dough and keep it into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and set aside to rise for 90 minutes in a warm place.
- The dough should be double in size.
- Once the dough doubled in size, punch the dough down to release the air.
- Divide the dough into 5-6 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a bowl and cover the balls with a plastic wrap and set aside for for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes dust your work place lightly with flour and place one of the balls there.
- Sprinkle a little flour top of the ball and with a rolling pin roll the bread out into 1/4" thick round.
- Heat a tawa or a flat pan on a medium heat.
- Place one bread and once the bread start bubbling then turn the bread.
- Cook another side at the same process.
- If you want to make it to your oven, preheat your oven into 200 c with baking tray.
- Place two bread on the hot baking tray and let them bake for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove them and cool then on a rack.
Step by Step Picture:
- You can cook for longer if you like brown color shawrma bread.But I like white Shawrma Bread.